My love of jewellery, paper, origami and Japan come together in these exquisite Japanese earrings that are as light as a feather.
Preserving the 1300-year-old papermaking tradition, the Mino "Corsoyard" Handmade Washi Studio makes a special washi paper for origami jewellery in the beautiful natural setting of the Mino region. The paper fibres are evenly woven together to bring out their remarkably smooth texture and durability. The original graphic pattern by Hiroko Takahashi is screen printed by hand on the paper. Each piece is then folded by hand, coated with resin and transformed into a piece of jewellery that highlights washi’s soft texture and delicate transparency.
Each pair of earrings comes in a lovely wooden box with a leaflet listing the papermakers and component parts.
- Drop earrings with French hook
- Materials – Handmade Mino Washi (mulberry), resin coating, sterling silver filled hooks and brackets, glass beads
- Body: About W1.8 x H4 x D1.5cm/W0.7 x H1.6 x D0.6”
- Crane size: About W1.8 x H1.3 x D1.2 cm/W0.7 x H0.5 x D0.5”
- Outer box: About 7.8 x 7.8 x 3cm/3 x 3 x 1.2”
- Papermaker: Corsoyard
- Paper Design: Hiroko Takahashi
- Care - Please do not pull or squeeze the earrings as they are made of delicate parts. The surface of the metal may darken over time due to its physical properties. This can be cleaned with a commercial jewellery cleaner.
- Because of their delicacy, we recommend that the earrings are stored in their box when not in use.