Exquisite bag designed and handcrafted in Reims, France from a traditional Kyoto obi sash. Carry in the hand as a clutch or wear over the shoulder with its chain which is fastened inside the bag.
"obi" are sashes for traditional Japanese dress and are part of kimono outfits. They are made of silk with gold, silver or platinum thread and are woven on Japanese jacquard looms. Obis are about 20-30 cm wide and about 300cm long, allowing 3-5 clutches to be made from a single obi. Each clutch is unique and has a unique number - in this case 1/5.
- Decorated with lush, green, golden and silvery vegetation
- Green silk lining
- Gold chain
- Inside pocket for mobile phone
- Weight: 0.211kg
- Dimensions: L26 x H16 x D3 cm
- Inside pocket: 19 x 10 cm
- Length of chain: 115 cm
- Each bag is housed in a wooden box made of Paulownia, the wood traditionally used in Japan to store obi and kimono.